“Hello everyone! It looks like Wednesday will be the best day for our weekly doggo mount farm! We will start this Wednesday, September 4th at 9pm EST, meeting by the lightpost by the FC house to set up.
We will teach the fights as we go, so don’t worry if you’ve not done them before! If there is anyone willing to help run a second overflow party if need be, please contact Juniper Nocturne in game or on Discord. Otherwise the farm party will be first come first served.
We will tackle the trials one at a time until everyone that needs it has their mount! Remember to unlock the EX versions of all the Stormblood trials before we start on Wednesday! Beyond that, just bring your lvl 80’s and your RNG sacrifices and we’ll see you there!”
Just for fun, I’ve set up a tournament bracket of all of FFXIV’s four-man dungeons (70 of them!) to go head-to-head to see which one comes out on top! I’ll put up a new round of voting every few days until we’ve gone through the whole bracket and crowned a champion!
List of Round Voting Polls
- Round 1 RESULTS ARE IN!
- Round 2A RESULTS ARE IN!
- Round 2B poll RESULTS ARE IN!
- Round 2C poll RESULTS ARE IN!
- Round 2D poll RESULTS ARE IN!
- Round 2E poll RESULTS ARE IN!
- Round 3A poll RESULTS ARE IN!
- Round 3B poll RESULTS ARE IN!
- Round 4 poll RESULTS ARE IN!
- Round 5 poll RESULTS ARE IN!
- SEMIFINALS poll RESULTS ARE IN!
- CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH! THE WINNER IS….!
Hey folks, housing is starting to occasionally come available again! I wanted to let folks know that if you’ve achieved Flare Warrior rank or better (3 months active in the FC) the FC can cut you a no-interest housing loan for a small house, or if you find one in the same Ward as the FC house, we’ll subsidize the purchase! (We like having members in the Ward, makes it more homey.) If you haven’t been in the FC for three months and still need help funding housing, speak to me and I still might be able to help — I just obviously don’t want people joining the FC just to get a house and then ditching us. Also the FC might be able to help fund a larger house purchase if you find one, but that’ll be on a case-by-case basis.
Hey folks, I’m sad to have to announce that we had to kick someone from the FC today for proven harassment of other players. If it’s not obvious, harassment is ABSOLUTELY forbidden in our FC and will result in an immediate kick if proven. If you are the subject of harassment, please contact an officer or me personally to let us know what’s going on. (Screenshots are helpful if possible.) I have temporarily restricted invite privileges of some lower ranks to prevent issues until everyone in the FC is aware of the situation
Hi folks! I’ve started putting together some materials to assist members of the FC in getting clears of Heaven-On-High Floor 100. The index page is here:
I will be adding notes and information to this page over time. Please keep an eye on it if you’re interested in doing this content!
Hey folks! I’m happy to announce we’re adding Tao Sekki to our staff as a junior officer! Everyone feel free to start bugging her for stuff!
A new member was asking in FC Chat today where to get chat symbols. A nice list can be found at:
A couple of people have recently been asking how to dye their riding chocobos, so here’s a short guide on how to do that!
1. First, you must have the ability to stable and train your chocobo before you can dye it. To gain this ability, you must be level 30 and complete the quest line “My Feisty Little Chocobo” which starts with Docette in Camp Tranquil.
2. Next, go to https://ffxivchocobo.com/ and you will see the following screen:
3. Select your chocobo’s current color in the “Current Colour” box. The default chocobo color is “Desert Yellow.”
4. Select your chocobo’s desired color in the “Desired Colour” box. In the screenshot, Snow White is the hoped-for final chocobo color.
5. Click the “Calculate” button and you will get a list of info similar to the following:
The most important info on this screen is the list of dye fruit you will need. For example, to change a chocobo from Desert Yellow to Snow White will take: 5x Cieldalaes Pineapple, 13x Valfruit, 16x Doman Plum. Write down the list of fruit you will need.
6. Next click the “View Feeding Order” button and you will get a list like this:
This tells you the best order to feed these fruits to your chocobo for your best shot at having the dye job work out perfectly the first time. Write down this feeding list. This order isn’t STRICTLY required — don’t freak if you mix up a Valfruit and a Doman Plum once, it will probably still be fine — but it’s good to stay close to this. The fruits act by adjusting the R-G-B (Red-Green-Blue) values of your chocobo’s feathers, but it is possible to either bottom out or cap out one of those values by feeding too many of the same fruits in a row, which will mess up the final values you get and result in a different dye job than the one you were hoping for. There’s no need to panic and abort your dye job if you mess up the order though — just try and alternate fruits as much as possible to avoid hitting the limits of the RGB values.
7. Ask an FC officer or Firebrand to get the fruits you need from the locked tab of the FC chest. We usually have plenty in stock. If you are reading this guide and you’re not in our FC and yours doesn’t stock this fruit, you can get it from the Market Board, or you can grow it yourself in gardens or flower pots. The seeds are only available with Allied Seals from the Hunt Billmasters at the Grand Company HQs. They cost 15 seals per pack of seeds and the seeds are not tradeable – you will have to plant your own seeds! No one else can do this for you! There is no other source of choco dye fruits in the game other than those grown by players.
8. Put your chocobo in the stable, click “Tend to my chocobo”, and then “Feed”. Start feeding the fruit to your buddy bird in the suggested order (or something close to the suggested order.) You will have to feed each fruit individually but keep going until you’ve shoved the whole pile into your poultry pal. Expect this to take a few minutes. You will get some text messages every now and then during the feeding indicating that your chocobo has “started to grow new feathers.” This means a color shift has taken place. Don’t stop feeding until the fruit is all gone though — your bird will most likely go through several sets of new feathers during this feeding process.
9. Once the whole fruit salad has been devoured, LEAVE YOUR CHOCOBO IN THE STABLE FOR SIX HOURS REAL TIME. Not Eorzean time, REAL TIME. It’s often best to do this just before you log out for the night if you typically have your chocobo out of the stable while playing. If you disturb your chocobo before the six hours are up, you will interrupt the color change process and the dye job will fail, which is a huge waste of time and fruit. So don’t do it. Just let your chocobo digest his huge fruit meal in peace.
10. After the six hours (real time!) have passed, go get your chocobo from the stable. You will get a very brief cut scene showing off your bird’s new color plumage! Hopefully you will get the color you were after with only one feeding, but sometimes you might need to do another round to tweak the shade if it didn’t work out quite right. Some colors are notoriously difficult to hit with the first feeding, Soot Black in particular. But most colors are fairly easy to hit. Tweaking the color should only take a few more fruit, so you can go back to the color calculator, figure out what you need, feed it, and wait another six hours.
11. Enjoy your beautiful birb!